Wednesday, August 6, 2014

As of today, Wednesday, August 6th, we are proceeding as planned with the event  scheduled for this Saturday, August 9th - of course weather permitting. 

Lolita met with the County of Maui Parks Department yesterday afternoon and they are in agreement with waiting it out.  However, she will touch base with them daily - specifically first thing Friday morning to determine whether or not the event will have to be postponed to a later date if a decision has not been made prior to that.
If the event is going to be cancelled due to weather or the County of Maui decides to close the War Memorial Gymnasium, a postponed event date will be scheduled and all participants notified.  
We will provide updates here as more information and/or any determinations are made on how we will be proceeding.

To reiterate, as of today, Wednesday, August 6th - Heiva I Maui is still scheduled for this Saturday, August 9th until further notice.

Should you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Heiva I Maui Event Staff

No comments:

Post a Comment